What will I experience at Middleport Pottery?
• The site is free to enter which includes access to our Grade II* listed outdoor areas, Burleigh Factory Shop, Tea Room, Middleport Studios and Clay College Gallery.
• Middleport Tea Room will be open from 12th April with a revised menu and outdoor consumption only
• Middleport Studios; Inglewood Designs, Emma Bailey Ceramics, Burslem Pottery, Alex Allday, Potteries Images and Canadian Pine are open. Please note, opening times may vary between studios therefore it is advised to check opening times with individual studios for dedicated visits. Middleport Studios Web Page
• Burleigh Factory Shop - For further information visit: www.burleigh.co.uk
• Clay College Gallery - For further information visit: www.claycollegestoke.co.uk
Help us to keep Middleport Pottery Covid-19 Secure
To keep everyone safe, we’ve introduced additional health and hygiene measures across the site.
Please note: Face coverings are mandatory across the site (exemptions apply). Outdoor areas included.
What measures have we put in place?
· 2m social distancing guidelines
· Hand sanitising stations and handwashing facilities
· Regular cleaning of touchpoints and toilet facilities
· Staff issued with PPE and acrylic screens installed where required
· Cash payments temporarily stopped. Contactless card payments only.
· Tea Room menu and service revised to support social distancing
· Adjustments to handling collections and on-site activities
· Site routes and seating adjusted to support social distancing
· Face coverings are mandatory in all areas. Please come prepared and ready to wear on arrival as visitors enter the main entrance into the Burleigh Factory Shop
NEW OPENING TIMES:
7 days a week, 10am - 4pm
Do I need to prebook before I arrive?
For General Entry - No. We will not require visitors to prebook to visit the site, Middleport Studios, Clay College, Burleigh Factory Shop or Tea Room.
Can I prebook a Heritage Trail?
Unfortunately Heritage Trails have been suspended and will not be recommencing on the 12th April. In the meantime, you can enquire about pre-booking our heritage tours at reception at Middleport Pottery.
Can I book a Factory Tour?
Unfortunately Factory Tours have been suspended and will not be recommencing on the 12th April. Further information about our tours will be published shortly.
Can I pay by cash?
No. Card payments only.
Will I need to wear a face mask?
Face masks will be compulsory in all areas on site. Please come prepared with a mask or covering as visitors must walk through the Burleigh Factory Shop to enter the site.
Do I need to leave my details for Track and Trace?
Yes. On arrival you will be prompted to leave your details for Track and Trace purposes.
Will Play-with-Clay be available?
Unfortunately, all Play-with-Clay activities are suspended until further notice.
Am I allowed to bring my dog onsite?
Yes. Well-behaved dogs on lead will be allowed onsite. Restrictions will apply to the Tea Room and Heritage Areas - these areas are reserved for Guide Dogs only.
Is there onsite parking?
Yes. Free parking is available onsite. We have 43 marked bays on our main car park and an additional 8 disabled parking spaces available for Blue Badge holders on the smaller car park on Port Street.